Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Few Good Blogs...

Some of the science blogs I have recently visited have more to do with opinion and less to do with the cold, hard, facts of science.  Others deal with the entertainment value of science by discrediting celebrity rants and previewing new technology that "uncovers" altered photos by digitally unmasking the pictures.  Another deals with emerging technology, like Gizmag, and another reviews past scientific achievement.  I think that the blog's intention is to add personal experience or relevance to the topic.  However, clearinghouses or hubs of information serve a purpose as well.  I liken it to the Comedy Channel's Tosh.O as a nexus of stupid videos of people...make that videos of stupid people that will soon be lost from the gene puddle because of their not so common sense.

2 comments:

  1. I miss you! ;-) Too funny. Must admit I have never visited the above mentioned site. Will need to try it tonight as I can't afford to get distracted right now! ;-) I haven't really looked for too many science blogs. If I come across some good ones, will share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to check out this site. Are you using blogs as a way for the students to respond to questions. We have not had a Math/Science blog this year, which I do miss. We just have had so many tech issues with our minicomputers and the iTouches and student email that we just gave up.

    I hope we can turn this around when we get some new computers.

    ReplyDelete