Saturday, March 10, 2012

Web 2.0 Tools...

I am already using Web 2.0 tools in my classroom.  At the beginning of the year, my principal informed us of some of the Web 2.0 tools available and she used them during our meetings and in-service sessions.
My students used have used Prezi and Xtranormal in class to do presentations.  In fact, for one project, they were required to use either a Web 2.0 tool or a Google App to complete their project.  The best ones were chosen to be showcased at our school's annual open house event.  It was really exciting to see how creative and how comfortable the students were with the technology.  It was as if it were second nature to some of them.  I think others that were "forced" to use it found a new tool to help them in their studies.  The learning curve for most of the Web 2.0 tools is literally minutes long.  You simply have to play with it briefly, learn the tricks, and boom, you are producing a product that looks professional and stylish.
My Xtranormal video was brief and kind of silly, but it was fun to make.  I don't really care for Xtranormal's pricing schedule.  I probably will not use it again.  And, to top off my issues with their pricing, I just found out that they deactivated my account.  So, I guess I am an ex-Xtranormal user.
Prezi is really popular with the students.  Here is a Prezi that I created that explains the concepts of weight, how gravity affects objects to give them weight, and friction.  It is called Weight Force, Gravity, and Friction.  I will have my students access this Prezi and review the concepts discussed already in class.  I will also have them add the Weight Force equation to their Physics Phormula Chart project.

1 comment:

  1. An X-Xtranormal user? Deactivated your account? I've never heard of such. Was there something inappropriate? ;-) I agree about their current pricing structure. We are looking into a district account with them. I really like it as a tool. Like your prezi. Wish there were more pictures...

    ReplyDelete